In Orthopedics TRAM Hospital, all leg prostheses are of the latest generation, with the highest quality and the most advanced technology at the service of your comfort.
With our orthopedic prostheses you will be able to take your first steps and later recover your quality of life, without giving up your daily and professional activities, and your leisure time.
The most advanced technology at the service of your comfort so that you can achieve your goals.
What are leg prostheses?
Leg prostheses are used to partially or totally replace an area of the body that has been amputated, thus fulfilling the function of the limb they replace so that the person can resume their daily activity and be independent.
Leg prostheses are designed so that you can keep your posture and balance, and solve problems arising from the absence of a limb, whatever the activity you want to perform, and always adapting to your needs and lifestyle.
With Össur leg prostheses, you set the limits.
What types of leg prostheses are there?
The types of leg prostheses depend on the area of the lower limb being replaced, the most common being the following:
Femoral or transfemoral prosthesis
- The femoral or transfemoral prosthesis is indicated for people who have suffered an amputation above the knee, in the thigh area. With this prosthesis the patient will be able to resume daily activities.
Tibial or transtibial prosthesis
- The tibial or transtibial prosthesis is for amputations below the knee, preserving it. The placement of the prosthesis in this type of amputation allows excellent results.
- This disarticulated knee prosthesis is used when the entire lower leg is amputated, from the knee, preserving the thigh. The prosthesis, in this case, will replace the motion of the knee.
- The foot prosthesis covers all the possible amputations in the foot, from the ankle, either complete or partial, also attending to the amputations of half a foot or toes. This prosthesis will allow us to use a wide variety of footwear.
Benefits of using prosthetic legs
The benefits of using lower limb prosthesis are unquestionable. Its use will allow you to do the same as before the amputation, although in a different way. These are some of the advantages of using leg prostheses:
You will be able to recover your mobility.
You will get support, energy and balance.
You will eliminate or reduce your pain.
You will improve your skeletal and muscular system.
You will stop degenerative conditions.
You will achieve a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
With the use of Ottobock lower limb prostheses all are advantages.
To start enjoying them, the first step is to get informed.
Components of leg prostheses
The components of amputee leg prostheses are as follows:
- The connection between the residual limb and the prosthesis components.
- Placed before the socket, it is in direct contact with the skin.
- For those with an above-knee amputation.
- Determines how the prosthesis will act on different surfaces.
Our state-of-the-art leg prostheses are the reflection of years of research that today are at your service.
Prosthetic leg materials
The materials of the orthopedic legs are of the latest generation and vary depending on the area to be replaced and the needs of each person, highlighting in flexibility, rigidity, durability or resistance to friction, among other factors. These are some of the most commonly used orthopedic leg materials:
- Thermoplastic material
- Carbon fiber
- Titanium alloys
- Stainless steel
- Polyurethane and polyethylene foam
The most advanced technology allows you to put a period to your life.
Price of prosthetic legs
The price of prosthetic legs varies according to the profile of each user. Leg prostheses for athletes cannot be the same as those for children, for diabetics, for people who use braces or wheelchairs, or for people with a sedentary or very active life.
For this reason, leg prostheses have a personalized price for each patient, which will depend on the type of prosthesis that the user needs, the materials in which it is made, the aesthetic and movement needs of each person, or the age, gender and height of the patient, among other variables.
For more information, please contact us without obligation and we will be able to guide you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to drive with a prosthetic leg?
Driving with a prosthetic leg is possible. Amputations do not prevent you from driving, although in order to do so you must have completed your adaptation process and correctly control your prosthesis for a correct handling of the vehicle and pass the corresponding evaluation.
What does the cleaning and maintenance of a leg prosthesis consist of?
The cleaning and maintenance of your prosthetic leg is key for its use over time. The materials with which your prosthesis is composed will mark the form in which you must clean it. In addition, the revisions will allow you to have it always in the best possible state. If you have any doubt, ask us and we will inform you.
Where can I find leg prosthetic accessories?
In our store you will find different accessories for leg prosthesis that will help you to feel more comfortable and safe. Tell us what you need and, from our experience, we will be able to guide you.